Spring Checklist – Home Maintenance and Repair
Home maintenance is necessary to maintain your property value and prevent problems. Spring is a good time of year to get your house in shape. Take advantage of warmer temperatures and cross off your to-do list before summer comes, especially if there is damage from previous winter weather.
Agile Remodeling Handyman’s spring maintenance checklist will help you stay organized and consistent as you work through necessary home maintenance tasks. It includes some common issues, but not every possibility. Be sure to add extra tasks to the list if you have other issues that are specific to your home. Also, be aware that there are other things which should be done more often, such as testing smoke detectors.
Check this list every year in spring time to extend the life of your home’s building materials, landscaping, appliances, and more.
Spring Maintenance Checklist
- Change furnace air filters.
- Inspect the HVAC system.
- Inspect air ducts for buildup of dust and mold.
- Inspect the washing machine hoses for cracks and the dryer vent duct for lint buildup.
- Look for moisture in the basement and crawl space.
- Make sure your sump pump is functional.
- Clean and inspect window screens for damage.
- Inspect the roof.
- Inspect gutters and downspouts for damage and clean them out.
- Trim trees and bushes that are near the house.
- Inspect caulking around windows and doors.
- Inspect wooden decks, railings, windowsills, and steps for damage.
- Touch-up paint as needed.
- Pressure wash patios, decks, driveway, walkways, and outdoor furniture.
- Inspect outdoor sprinkler heads for function and leaks.
- Trim plants around outdoor equipment, such as a heat pump or condenser.
- Clean debris from foundation vents and window wells.
- Inspect vents around house; foundation, roof, exhaust, etc.
Routine Home Inspections and Maintenance
Inspections can help you prepare and budget for future repairs or upgrades. Routine home maintenance can prevent more expensive repairs in the future. Care for your home and the surrounding property so it will continue to keep you and your family safe and comfortable.
Do-It-Yourself Home Maintenance and Repair
Check out other posts on the Agile Remodeling Handyman blog for more about how to do your own home maintenance.
You can also watch how-to DIY videos on our Youtube channel.
Professional Home Maintenance and Repair
If you have us do the work for you, you’ll have more time to enjoy the nice spring and summer weather! 😎